Looking good is essential for feeling good. And keeping your nails healthy is a key part of looking cool – not to mention, it’s a great way to avoid getting sick! In this article, we highlight some surprising benefits of a good manicure. From looking better to feeling stronger and more alert, read on to find out more about the top reasons you should get a manicure every month!
What are the benefits of a manicure?
Manicures are a popular beauty treatment and for good reason. There are many benefits to getting a nice manicure, including:
- Improved nail health and strength. Especially if you use high-quality products like OPI dip powder color, the health of your nails increases manifold.
- Increased shine and flexibility of nails.
- Reduced chances of skin infection or fungus on the nails.
- Boosted circulation in hands and feet, which can help improve overall body function.
How to choose the right type of manicure
There are a few things to consider when choosing the right type of manicure. First, what is your main goal? If you plan on staying out all night and don’t care about your nails looking nice in the morning, go for a simple polish job. If you’re more concerned with having healthy nails that look great even after wearing them all day long, a Manicure with OPI matching gel and polish may be better suited for you. It will stay longer and give you the results you are looking for.
Second, are you looking to prevent infection or fungus? A regular pedicure will help keep your feet clean and dry which can reduce the chances of getting fungal infections on your feet. However, if you have a problem with getting the fungus on your nails in the first place, a Manicure may not be the best option for you.
Third, what type of hand is your manicure best suited for? If you have thin or brittle nails that can easily break, choose a Basic Manicure. thicker nails can handle more intense treatments which will give your nails a stronger and healthier appearance.
Tips for keeping your nails healthy during a manicure
Here are a few tips to help keep your nails healthy during your manicure:
- Keep them clean! Make sure to properly clean all the dirt with a good quality salon scrub. If you don’t have time for this at home, consider using an over-the-counter scrub designed specifically for hands and feet.
- Avoid harsh chemicals! Many commercial polishes contain harsh chemicals that can damage nails. Instead, choose natural or organic brands that won’t include harmful toxins.
- Take care of your cuticles! Cuticles are the skin around the nails that can easily become dry, cracked, or infected. To help protect them, rub a light layer of moisturizer onto the tips of your fingers each night before bed.
Add some glamor to your look with a nice nail art design!
There’s no wrong way to enjoy your nails! From simple nail colors and coats to intricate designs and tutorials, there are tons of fun ways to add some glamor and excitement to your look.
Here are a few examples of popular nail art styles:
Watercolor nails: Start by painting your nails with a light base color and then adding thin watercolor stripes or dots directly to the nail.
Paint over Gel Polish: If you have acrylic or gel polish on your nails, paint over it instead of removing it completely. Doing this will give you a more opaque finish that’s perfect for subtle nail art designs.
Ceramic Nail Art: Start by powdering your nails with a translucent base color and then applying two thin coats of your favorite nail art polish. Let the polish dry between coats, and then use a small paintbrush to add intricate details using colors like yellow, blue, or black.
Manicures are not just a part of beauty. With the use of proper products, you can keep your nails hydrated and healthy at the same time! Do consider our tips to get cool nails that are actually healthy too.