If Americans have a skin care routine, the French have a beauty ritual. The French philosophy on beauty is simply: to make looking great and aging well a part of their daily life. They do that by pampering their skin with the most beneficial ingredients Mother Nature has to offer. French women see their skin care as an investment in themselves and will buy more skin care products then makeup. The philosophy is that skin care lasts a lifetime, while makeup lasts a day.
American women tend to see skin care from a clinical point of view, while French women often consider their time with their skin care as a pleasurable part of their day.
Follow these 5 easy steps to develop a French-style ritual so you too can baby your skin and look years younger:
- Use cleansing milks instead of soap or other drying cleansers. French women love rich, creamy cleansers that are not harsh on their skin. If you are used to using soap or a foaming cleanser, cleansing milks will feel a little different but your face with thank you for being so gentle!
- Don’t forget to tone. Toning is a step French women do not skip. Not only is it an important step in removing residual oil or dirt, but it brings your skin to its proper PH balance prepping it for the serums and crèmes that follow. If the PH balance of your skin is not in balance, your serums and crèmes will not work as effectively.
- Treat your skin to moisturizing oils. French women love aromatic oils. They believe in the power of oils to nourish the skin and the aromatics add to the pleasure.
- Add a serum to your regimen. Serums are as important as crèmes in a French women’s routine. Your serum is your power step repairing your skin from damage from your environment. Your serums also are a thinner consistency then your crèmes and therefore will penetrate the pores deeper. Serums are packed with the highest percentage of potent ingredients.
- French women believe what you put in your body effects your skin just as much as what you put on your face. They drink lots of water and eat more fruits and vegetables then Americans do. Votre Vu developed SnapDragon to help you get the vitamins and anti-oxidants you need to keep your skin vibrant and healthy.
Until Votre Vu, French skin care was not very accessible in the USA nor very affordable. You can now experience the French skin care difference without the high price tag. Contact me and let’s talk about which products are best suited for your specific skin care needs.
- French Skin Care Comparison Chart (frenchskincare.org)
- Get Gorgeous: Essential Buys For Glowing Summer Skin (At Every Price) (thegloss.com)